Wednesday, December 3, 2008

In the Beginning

So, here we are..
On the first day, Sig viewed the darkness and said: "Let there be words." And she put words onto the darkness of the page, adding a slight touch of white.
She looked upon her creation, and saw that it was good. Letting off a sigh as she realized that creating words would be a task never complete. She decided not to have a day of rest and rather spend her life as the un-named author of yet another blog.


Nonsense put aside, I guess some may wonder why I've chosen to write in English. And there's no single answer to it. I enjoy the extensiveness of the language, allowing for so much wordplay. And I will be writing to and of many people who will never study Norwegian.

Some people may inquire about my name, is it really "Sig"? Not quite as simple it isn't. But I would like to counter the question with another. What is in a name but the taste of one's parents? Or tradition? Or if a name has some meaning attached to it, will it not say more of the parent's expectations of their child, then of the child itself?

People close to me will have the link to this blog slammed in their face at some point, that is a promise. Some sooner then others. And I actually DEMAND (gosh that is a harsh word... ), that they too stick with calling me Sig.

That will be all for now, I bid thee farewell

2 comments:

DJ Rattie said...

Thank you Sig for allowing me to be apart of this blog , and apart of your life. You know i think your a wonderful person and that your my best friend . I look forward to many more blogs and in sharing in your life .

From your Australian Best friend Brett
A.k.A DJ Rattie

Sig said...

You're such a sweetie always. No need to thank me, it's me who owe thanks to you for always being entusiastic and positive about everything I drag your way. Hope I get to read your blog too some day :)

With hugs,

Sig